IN A WORLD RULED BY BEARS, HOW WOULD YOU SURVIVE?
"It will leave you breathless in its brilliance."
- Carol-Ann Noble, Ottakars Carlisle
"A highly original fantasy ... A really gripping read."
- Southern Daily Echo
"Excitingly readable ... and the good news is that there is more to come."
- Newbury Weekly News
Benjamin Wildfire had decided to run away. It would be the most dangerous thing a human boy could do, he knew that, but Benjamin's mind was made up. He couldn't put up with the cruel Mrs Haggard any longer.
Mrs Haggard was Benjamin's owner. She was thin, bony bear ...
A terrifying fate awaits Benjamin Wildfire when he escapes from his cruel bear owner. He is
hoping to find the fabled Hide-Park, where it is said that humans roam free.
But will he and his friend Mops be able to survive, especially when they are captured and imprisoned in the sinister Howling-Tower?
THE BEAR KINGDOM, BOOK I: THE HOWLING TOWER
- The Birmingham 'Imagines' Book Award 2007
Shortlisted for ...
- The West Sussex Children's Book Award 2007
- The Bolton Children's Book of the Year Award 2007
- The Calderdale Book of the Year Award 2007
- The Stockton Children's Book of the Year Award 2006
(c) Michael Coleman 2020